Sunday, March 15, 2015

Oh Youtube!!!





It is safe to say that this week has been a learning experience for Top Notch. Last weekend footage was received by Ian Sutter from Doug and Ashley's Wedding last June. Upon receipt, I began sorting through the footage to begin work on a new Top Notch video to post for fans. In fact, I avoided writing a blog last week in hopes that the subject would be the arrival of this particular new video that I intended to publish. For starters, (and off the subject) it should be noted that Ian Sutter (the cameraman) is actually a high school student at a Wake County High School, he is by no means a professional (yet), however, he did a great job in capturing all of the key moments of this particular wedding reception. Back to the subject at hand. A video of various clips from the wedding were merged together (mostly of guests dancing) and thus the next Top Notch video was BORN! Music by Bill Medley, The Black Eyed Peas and Usher were placed in the clip to accompany the footage and I was ready to post for all to see!! Or so I thought. For the first time ever, Youtube's “copyright recognition software” denied my posting to the web, as it seemed to spot the Usher's “DJ Got Us Falling In Love” song in my video. After much research I have learned that multiple youtube users around the globe are experiencing heavy issues with this youtube matter and actually an additional 3 videos of my work have been denied as well (including a basic video of a crowd dancing with “Single Ladies” by Beyonce playing in the background) To work around the issue, Top Notch discovered an alternative, hence, Top Notch now has a Vimeo account. Vimeo appears to be a much more “user friendly” service in my personal opinion. The video can be viewed at here. Furthermore, I did decide to edit the clip for Youtube compliant purposes. The edited version for youtube can be found here. My goal is never to steal nor copy someone else's work, but to simply post live experiences of Top Notch events for fans and potential new customers to see. Needless to say, I intend on using Vimeo for further Top Notch video publishings, and am very weary of Youtube's policy, But you live and learn right? Thanks for watching and reading guys and have a great rest of the weekend!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment