Saturday, November 7, 2015

My Best Reference List.


     
     It has been a year or perhaps much longer since I have updated or even sent a “Reference List” to a potential customer. I still use the slogan “references upon request” on a regular basis, yet it seems less and less frequently do I receive this specific request. In the past, references were a fantastic source in booking events. In fact, it was not uncommon to find this Top Notch DJ glued in front of a computer updating my reference list on a very regular basis. I even had the list separated and categorized by events such as “Summer 2012 list” or “The best for kids parties Reference list”. I seemed to have had success utilizing this references source, however last year I determined there may be a more effective, and even practical method for displaying my product to my customers. The Answer? Well, simply that, actually “Displaying my Product to my customers”. Hence, the Top Notch Entertainment and DJ Services Video page and youtube channel was born. Actual film of your events are real, they're lively, and it allows new customers to see your mannerisms, hear your voice and become familiar with you're appearance. Furthermore, a good video is not only more fun to view but it's also more convenient for your customer, as it saves them time from them contacting your references and awaiting your reference responses, etc. Lastly, it's not secret that the world of social media is growing drastically and therefore online presence is essential. Shooting a video allows one to share on multiple social media avenues including emails, youtube, vimeo, twitter, facebook, google plus and more. The advantages to using a video versus a reference list are obvious. My only regret is that I did not put this concept to work many years ago. I however, do not intend on keeping an updated reference list any longer. Past customers will therefore no longer be bothered by questions from new potential customers and new potential customers will now have more to see, more to hear and more to absorb regarding Top Notch DJ service which should hopefully assist them in their decision process in a more convenient manner. 

                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment