Top Recessional Wedding Songs recommended by Top Notch DJ's
|Picture of Nathan & Ashley Magiera from their wedding recession at Shady Wagon Farm, NC|
The Recessional. A matter of minutes that bring an experience and feeling immediately after a bride and groom have exchanged vows, sealed their love with a kiss and are pronounced husband and wife. The recession is also the initial moment of celebration for the bride and groom as well as their guests. After all of the seriousness, nervousness and pressure that may arrive with the ceremony, including walking up the aisle, the recession is finally a bride and grooms time to turn, face their guests and say to the world “We Did It!!”. Despite this fact, the song selection chosen for the ceremony recession for a bride and groom is quite often overlooked. It’s understandable. A bride may spend her time and efforts in finding that perfect song for her and her bridesmaids to walk down the aisle to, meanwhile, the song selection after the ceremony is often forgotten or neglected to be chosen. That’s where Top Notch comes in!
|Drew & Brittney Hutchins. Photo by Liz Grogan Photography|
Here is a list of our top recommended and most popular songs to play for the recession of a ceremony. These are selections are broken out into 2 categories, which are the top most common chosen that we play along with a few not so common, less cliché pieces that we often recommend for brides and grooms during consultations. Please note that YOU WILL NOT find the traditional “Bridal March” listed in this post. It is 2016 friends. Not only is “The Bridal March” no longer expected, but it is also very conventional and somewhat unoriginal. To play in place of“The Bridal March” Top Notch recommends the following…..
Most Requested Recessional Songs
1. Natalie Cole- "This Will Be" (Everlasting Love)
2. Hall and Oates- "You Make My Dreams Come True"
3. American Authors- "Best Day of My Life"
4. Jason Mraz - "I'm Yours"
5. Etta James - "At Last"
6. The Emotions- "Best of My Love"
7. Ray Lamontagne - "You Are the Best Thing"
8. Zac Brown Band - "Loving You Easy"
9. The Beatles - "All You Need is Love"
(Note: this is youtube clip is a copy of the original song from a Tribute band"
10. Bruno Mars- "Marry You"
Top 15 Less Popular, yet excellent Recession Songs that Top Notch DJ Service recommends includes...
1. Queen - "You're My Best Friend"
2. Blue Swede- "Hooked On a Feeling"
3. Michael Jackson - "The Way You Make Me Feel"
4. Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros- "Home"
5. Pete Townsend - "Let My Love Open the Door"
6. Imagine Dragons - "On Top of the World"
7. Cheryl Lynn- "Got to Be Real"
8. Michael Jackson & Justin Timberlake- "Love Never Felt So Good"
9. Beyonce - "Love on Top"
10. Stevie Wonder- "Signed, Sealed, Delivered"
11. U2 - "Beautiful Day"
12. The Darkness- "I Believe in a Thing Called Love"
13. Frankie Valli- "Can't Take My Eyes Off You"
14. Nat King Cole- "L.O.V.E"
15. The Lumineers- "Ho Hey"